Chicken poops?

Yes, he was in a pen alone and these are what I gathered when I cleaned it up before going to bed. He has been eating a 16% layer feed and once a day I add fermented (wet) layer feed with some oatmeal in it. He also get some bsf larvae. He's drinking a lot of water. I just realized the electrolyte makes the water yellow. I'm going to give clear water tomorrow and see if that is it.
Get him off the layer feed, too much calcium.
Electrolytes should not be given non-stop, just once a week if they are really necessary.

Get him off the layer feed, too much calcium.
Electrolytes should not be given non-stop, just once a week if they are really necessary.
Thank you. I have had him on electrolytes because he had upper respiratory infection. I nearly lost him, but he pulled through and started eating and I def should have stopped it then. What should I feed him, if not the layer. Is always read they do fine with it. Of course he usually free ranges daily, but had been inside 6 days today. He's acting frisky with the two ladies I have inside, so if all goes well the rest of the day, I'm planning on putting him in the coop after dark. I appreciate your feedback!

What should I feed him, if not the layer. Is always read they do fine with it.
They might, but it can be a factor.
I've always fed my mixed age/gender flock 20% Flock Raiser with oyster shells on the side for the active layers. It's good for them all, from hatch to harvest and molting season.

Back
Top Bottom