Chicken poopy butt

HarmonyFox

Songster
Apr 5, 2018
I don't think my hen is ok. I felt for a stuck egg and there isn't one. What could be up? She's actually still laying eggs I think.
1106181323.jpg

I don't think my hen is ok. I felt for a stuck egg and there isn't one. What could be up? She's actually still laying eggs I think. View attachment 1583248

Gather her up and wash off her bottom, post an updated photo of the vent and your hen and tell us more about any symptoms that you observe - lethargy, loss of balance, lice/mites, etc.

Sorry it took a bit she disappeared yesterday after so i had to wait until today. I was cleaning her butt and I noticed now there was something sticking out of it and I think she actually did have a stuck egg and it busted. Will she be ok?

I took what was sticking out out of her and that's why I think it might be a crushed egg.

I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like egg material. Is it possible that she ingested something?
I guess it's possible but there are bits of Shel in it. So she was looking like she wasn't feeling good a few days ago but it's getting colder here and the only thing she was doing was looking like she was cold so I ignored it. Then my mom said all 3 roosters ganged up on her for sex and then the next day(yesterday) she had the poopy butt and I posted about it. If she was acting off because of a stuck egg could the roosters going at her have crushed the egg? One rooster is probably over 20lb then the other 2 are more her size. ( She's a sexlink)

I guess it's possible but there are bits of Shel in it. So she was looking like she wasn't feeling good a few days ago but it's getting colder here and the only thing she was doing was looking like she was cold so I ignored it. Then my mom said all 3 roosters ganged up on her for sex and then the next day(yesterday) she had the poopy butt and I posted about it. If she was acting off because of a stuck egg could the roosters going at her have crushed the egg? One rooster is probably over 20lb then the other 2 are more her size. ( She's a sexlink)
I honestly don't know. Hopefully others will chime in and be more helpful.

Back
Top Bottom