• Scream at it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chase it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’ll comment down below

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Sep 22, 2019
What should I do to a chicken that keeps escaping? What do I do to a chicken that pecks chicks? What should I do to a chicken that attacks people? What should I do to a chicken that is noisy? What should I do to punish chickens?

What should I do to a chicken that keeps escaping?
Retrain them by cooping them up for several days until they imprint on the coop as home. Chickens need a run or to be confined within a backyard fence to keep them from wandering.

What do I do to a chicken that pecks chicks?
Chickens communicate to each other with their beaks. Not all pecking is bad. An adult chicken disciplines chicks with a peck on the back. This isn't to be confused with a bad act.

What should I do to a chicken that attacks people?
Depending on the seriousness of the aggression, you may immobilize the chicken until they submit and relax. Or you can discipline minor aggression with a peck on their back with your finger. Do not confuse discipline with punishment, the latter never being acceptable.

What should I do to a chicken that is noisy?
There isn't anything you can do about a noisy chicken. Learn to live with it.

What should I do to punish chickens?
It's never acceptable to punish a chicken. You want to learn how to administer discipline. They are two very different things.

Better fencing, escape routes and hideouts for chicks, move coop farther away from the house for noise. Cull any bird that makes you or your flock unhappy.

Chickens really have very small brains. Most people spend a small portion of the day with them, they are difficult to train, but easy to make modifications to control them.

Mrs K

EAT THEM ALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEHE. I gave one of mine a lecture the other day about where she is supposed to lay her eggs... and I think it worked. At least yesterday all eggs were where they are supposed to be

What should I do to a chicken that keeps escaping? What do I do to a chicken that pecks chicks? What should I do to a chicken that attacks people? What should I do to a chicken that is noisy? What should I do to punish chickens?
1. Find out how the escapee is getting out and fix it.
2. Read more about chickens and their behavior so you understand the rest is normal chicken behavior.

Back
Top Bottom