Chicken Questions for Ya'll!

I'd say that's mine too Pegbo - I have one that just doesn't give my girls a break. I finally ordered saddles and I can't wait for them to get here...

I don't mind the cleaning, just take a flat shovel and a wheelbarrow in there and scoop out the house then rake out the pen. Not a big deal.

If I could, I would make them lay eggs all winter, without need for light. Mainly because I went seven months egg free this past autumn and winter
barnie.gif

Cleaning isn't too bad because the coop floor is at hip height, and there's only two chickens.

My biggest gripe is that I don't live on a big farm where I can have dozens of chickens! I can only have a few and I'm just green with envy over all of you who have lots of cool breeds, hatch eggs, and have ROOSTERS!

Amen to all the entries already posted! But I think my biggest complaint is my flower garden we have in front of the house. The chickens think that is their personal dusting area, and when I work in the garden they are sure I'm looking for bugs (what else what I be doing?) and they go along behind me, scratching everything up, every chance they get. I tried to turn it into a rock garden in an effort to protect my plants, but am still in the process of getting enough rocks; in the meantime they love to nestle between the stones!
roll.png
I always joke it's my "chicken garden" because when you look out the window the main thing you see in the garden is a bunch of feathery lumps. Also, they kick all the mulch and dirt all over the sidewalk, grass, and all over the place.
barnie.gif

Woodland woman & Schmoo - I'm going to be in that same category....I guess I'll have to save my milk jugs, I hope 16 chickens won't go thur more than a gallon of water per day and yes, I also will be trapsing thru the snow to get to the chickens...Lord knows the hubby won't be doing it, he has to work
roll.png
- like....I don't??? oh well...I'll get thru it, just wish Winter didn't last like 9 months!!

So far my biggest problem is I want to go to bed in the summer time before the girls want to go in the coop for the night! I can usually find a point when they are all in their yard resting about 7pm to close the yard gate but I am an early morning person and I have to lock the chicks up at night in the coop because of the beautiful fox family. I end up chasing silly Allison (BO) around the pen, she is such a night owl, and Henry to Roo stands and watches to make sure I treet her right:lol:

Back
Top Bottom