Chicken recipe needed

LOL!!! I know what it is and I've seen photos and recipes, I just meant I've never seen it served. Thanks for the recipe, though! I have to decide which to use... so hard t choose!

Chicken & Dumplings with fat, fluffy, dropped dumplings !

1367607181_5eab541feb.jpg

I also really love this recipe .

1450896464_082cfc968b.jpg

And this is a huge family favorite , and good right now since squash is abundant.

2606904852_f20c896cfd.jpg

This a quick and easy crock pot thing I do. I take the whole chicken, stuff an onion in the cavity. Place in my crock pot. Add whatever seasonings you like. I use bay leaves, paprika, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Throw in some fresh garlic , add 2 cups water and let it cook all day. It is usually falling off the bone by the time we get home. You can also add potatoes and/or carrots to the pot the last couple of hours. It turns out really moist and is so darn easy you can't help but love it! Oh and I am going to try chicken and dumplings this weekend. Thats something I have never cooked but it sounds great!

Last edited:
i do not know if you all remember little house on the parie, but laura ingles made a chicken dish for manley...lol she seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper,paparika,garlic, then a little bit of cinninum and sugar i have been making it for years it is delisous.

That squash one was a Southern Living recipe from this summer, that was super easy. It has stuffing mix in it, which is yummy. It was supposed to be a side dish, but I added chicken to it and it was great.

sred98-Shelly, I am trying your chicken and dumpling recipe tonight. The bird is boiling now! I can't believe that I have never made this before. Thanks for the idea. I will let you know how it turns out.
fl.gif

Quote:
How did it go?? I ended up making Chicken and Dumplings, too! LOL! My DD had a friend over and they ate so much (she'd never had it) that when my 7yo DS woke up the next day, he was furious that there were no leftovers for breakfast! LOL! He's an odd kid...leftover spaghetti or chicken and dumplings are a favorite breakfast!
tongue.png

Hope it turned out well!
big_smile.png
I am going to have to try the squash that ninjapoodles posted! YUM!!! The trick to chicken and dumplings is to just find what your family likes...mine likes it thick and a little spicy, some like it thinner. It is easy to adapt to your family and they are ALL good!
wink.png

Shelly

I love chicken and dumplings! I do it a very lazy way too though and use Bisquick for the dumplings and just drop them into a homemade chicken soup. (sometimes I might add egg noodles to the soup). I've never had the rolled out kind of dumplings! My mom always made them with Bisquick so I just kept using it. I'm sure there are MUCH better kinds, but the Bisquick is really good. I'd like to try making from scratch if they don't take too long.

Quote:
If you like the Bisquick ones, then try my family's easy, easy, easy 3-ingredient biscuit recipe for drop dumplings (and biscuits):

2 cups SELF-RISING flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil

That's IT. You can make the recipe any size, just keeping the proportions the same--start with the oil measurement, double it for the buttermilk, then double that for the flour. And they are DELICIOUS. To make biscuits, just drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until golden. Add herbs, garlic, cheddar cheese and you've got a fresher version of Red Lobster's "Cheddar Bay Biscuits."

Back
Top Bottom