Chicken Recued Roo, Hen Breed?

Roo or Hen?

• Total voters
Agreed possibly Serama cross male.

He may still grow spurs in, they come a little later on sometimes. Some of my bantams didn't crow until 7 months or later. While others were trying before 8 weeks.

Mind if I ask what makes him rescued?
She said he was a year old, gotten from crowed, dirty cage, cleaned & dried it, looks Lot better & so sweet

She said he was a year old, gotten from crowed, dirty cage, cleaned & dried it, looks Lot better & so sweet
Interesting on the age (and no spurs :hmm). Nice job providing a better life!

How long have you had him for? Is he settling in with the rest of your flock?

If he is still settling in he MAY start to crow eventually. :confused: I actually really enjoy hearing them. Hope he stays sweet for you. :)

Interesting on the age (and no spurs :hmm). Nice job providing a better life!

How long have you had him for? Is he settling in with the rest of your flock?

If he is still settling in he MAY start to crow eventually. :confused: I actually really enjoy hearing them. Hope he stays sweet for you. :)
Only had a week, & inside my house in big cage , I have reg. Size bantums in my flock, worried he is too small for my girls, not that I care about breeding just don't want it picked on. Right now we were in the rains from Irma so didn't want him out size just yet, till wind & rain calm down, & wanted to see if boy or girl, as no saddle feathers, lady who needed it gone at the time of storm could have lied about age but why say he is a year old not younger, anyway just hoping some knew the sex thanks

74470CF1-3AE5-45F8-899D-3A4A5E5B3E92-408-0000006A98D22453.jpeg
2A4AC0E9-1664-4CC1-85A2-F43B22A776EA-408-0000006B03A86C02.jpeg
Definitely part Serama the tail feathers tell that tail no pun intended. Does he look like one of these guys? Also can you get better pics of neck feathers and saddle feathers?

Last edited:
Only had a week, & inside my house in big cage , I have reg. Size bantums in my flock, worried he is too small for my girls, not that I care about breeding just don't want it picked on. Right now we were in the rains from Irma so didn't want him out size just yet, till wind & rain calm down, & wanted to see if boy or girl, as no saddle feathers, lady who needed it gone at the time of storm could have lied about age but why say he is a year old not younger, anyway just hoping some knew the sex thanks

I wouldn't worry about his size but that's just me. I threw my bantam cockerel in with the ladies in the middle of the afternoon (broke all the rules) and it took about 30 min for him to own the flock. It's a much more peaceful flock since I did that.

Yes, if she was disclosing boy I don't see any reason to lie about his age. The part that I meant was interesting was for me to learn something new... that not all roos have spurs. :)

I wonder if the Sebrights that are all hen feathered get spurs?

I wouldn't worry about his size but that's just me. I threw my bantam cockerel in with the ladies in the middle of the afternoon (broke all the rules) and it took about 30 min for him to own the flock. It's a much more peaceful flock since I did that.
My bantams sleep and play with the big guys. Even the big rooster doesn't mess with them not even the bantam rooster but the little guys know that they are not in charge they just mind their business and stay out of the way. Sometimes the little rooster makes A show for the ladies when the big boy isn't around lol

Back
Top Bottom