chicken run---how tall?

Mine is 12'x20'x7' high and the coop is 8x8x7' high.Plenty of room to have a chicken on the roof truss above your head ready to bomb you as you approach.
gig.gif

52004_sunp0085.jpg

Not put it up yet but 6ft for me too.

Who knows i may want to keep moneys some day
wink.png

I just dont think it would be fair to ask the wife to bend while cleaning them out
lol.png

Good luck with your project

Reg in UK

mine is about 4 and a half feet tall and when the netting ripped it didnt take them long to figure out how to get out. I would advise clipping wings if you wont want to cover but some people have said theirs get out even though they are clipped

I haven't gotten any chickens yet, just in the planning stages. I do have a coop, but no run yet. I will have the chickens free in my yard as well when we are out. This may be a silly question, but do the runs have to have a top on them if they have a fenced in yard and their own fenced off section within the fenced yard?

our coop is 10x10 and our run will be 4 ft on one side and 6 ft on the other side...

its a slanted run; due to it being what hubby wants lol..but I did get my taller side so I dont have to
bend as much..granted i'm only 5'1 lol.

Our covered run slopes from 8ft to 6ft. We are bumping the side out from 14by 5 to 14 by 12 this summer. It will also slope but to 4ft and just hardware cloth top. Dh wants to put the metal roofing on that also but i think I want that part with no solid roof.

Quote:
I keep netting over my run for their saftey. Hawks cant get them and they are only out when I let them out. It needs to be replaced and Im trying to decide between a better netting or chicken wire.

Back
Top Bottom