1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chicken run updates to rival fort knox

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by old geezer, Nov 13, 2010.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]...chicken run update
    i'have only been a chicken nut for only 7 months now---my first run and add on run had some mistakes , [​IMG], they and have been corrected ,[​IMG].........with all the helpful advise and input from BYC members ...[​IMG]......the outside of my run which did not have any burried wire , now has a patio walk way all arround made from old slate out to a 24 in perimeter , anything trying to dig under will have a tunnel to rival that one of stalag 13 fame .....i origionally started with just chicken wire , then , i read some some of the post to use 1x2 welded wire---now applied to said enclosure , then came the mesh wire ...[​IMG]...i became tottally paranoid and now have 3 types of wire on the run , last 2 only to a height of 3 foot ..i couldn't get thru it if i had a sherman tank with hedge cutter welded to it .[​IMG]............then came the over head mesh , latice , yada yada , birds now have a metal roof that a curtis P- 40 couldn't crash thru much less a hawk----by the way , this is all true [​IMG] ....love my birds an will do anything for them .. all doors and outside entry egg boxes , and poo clean outs have spring loaded locks ,vents have messwire harware cloth with aluminum vent covers over that---birds are now totally well protected---which should have been done in the first place , if i have found this great site earlier ...[​IMG]....but , i now have to wait till my next ss check comes in to install the closed circuit tv with night vision and radar operated browning 50 cal.....[​IMG]....[​IMG]....[​IMG]

2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Wow! You must really love those chickens! [​IMG]

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I wouldn't want to be a varmint in your territory! That would be a starvin' varmint.

4. Cargo

Cargo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Farmington, NM
    We need a picture tour!

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Yes, pics please. [​IMG]

6. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    Quote:a digital camera is on my Christmas wish list to the mrs clause....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by