Chicken Run....will this work?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jed1154, Oct 2, 2008.

1. jed1154

jed1154 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    I have 6' chicken wire, and i need to get my fence finished up. the thing is, i only have enough posts to put one every 15'. i thought i had more, but i dont. Will this be 'good enough'.

Something took a chicken yesterday evening, and i have no clue what, there were no feathers, no blood, nothing. So, i want to get this thing finished up and get them penned up before i get more.

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I would use what you have for now. Not sure how long your fence/big your area is going to be. But I would work with what you have now so you don't loose anymore birds. You can always reinforce it later when you can get more posts. Another thing to help around the bottom of the fence is sheet metal if you have that laying around, or even rocks-bigger heavier ones that might slow an animal down looking for an easy meal.

3. jed1154

Jul 10, 2008
    yeah, i sure wish i knew what happened. I think it must have been a hawk, but all my experiences with those leave feathers and blood...neither of which i see any evidence of.

4. jed1154

Jul 10, 2008
    The wife found a clump of feathers. [​IMG]

Oh well, they will just have to live in teh coop for the next week so i can get this finished up. I pushed my luck too far. that hawk has probably been watching for the last month.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by