chicken seems tired

ok i will get some, her crop is large and hard and no adominal swelling, no mites or lice and she hasn't pooped yet and i don't know if her crops empty and no sneezing and ect.
Okay, good job. So take note of what her poop looks like and check her crop in the morning to see if it has emptied. If it hasn't, she'll need to be treated for impacted crop. Make sure they have grit (crushed granite is usually what's sold for chickens).

Okay, good job. So take note of what her poop looks like and check her crop in the morning to see if it has emptied. If it hasn't, she'll need to be treated for impacted crop. Make sure they have grit (crushed granite is usually what's sold for chickens).
i might be able to get some grit tommrow but she's drinking a ton of water and then she shakes her head and a lot of water goes everywhere

is this normal?? she's doing this then drinking/ eating + i got her some layer feed and she ate some

Attachments

• 9B6DBA09-12B2-43F4-AC68-BEE88E86F9C3.jpeg
    9B6DBA09-12B2-43F4-AC68-BEE88E86F9C3.jpeg
    965.4 KB · Views: 3
Her crop should be empty in the early morning before she eats or drinks. Check it again tomorrow am and let us know how it feels. Has she been eating well today, and did you get chicken layer feed or all flock feed? That is best for her. If her crop tomorrow am is full, let us know if it is firm, doughy, or puffy soft. If it has food in it, give her 1-2 tsp of coconut oil that is chilled and cut into pieces.

Her crop should be empty in the early morning before she eats or drinks. Check it again tomorrow am and let us know how it feels. Has she been eating well today, and did you get chicken layer feed or all flock feed? That is best for her. If her crop tomorrow am is full, let us know if it is firm, doughy, or puffy soft. If it has food in it, give her 1-2 tsp of coconut oil that is chilled and cut into pieces.
ok and i got her layer feed that's pellets with bits of corn in it she eats a little bit of it and is there any alternatives to coconut oil??

Back
Top Bottom