chicken seems tired

roosters32

Chirping
Apr 17, 2023
she used to be very active and playful but now she just lays in one or two areas, drinks & eats food then goes to sleep.
and she usually goes to sleep at 7-8 but sometimes she sleeps at 3-6:30 pm
and when i put her on my lap she doesn't really balance herself and falls asleep in seconds

today she just layed in one area for a while then moved to another corner and when my chicken and roosters were drinking water and going to the coop she didn't care and stayed there for maybe an hour

i give them dried corn with seeds and sometimes mealworms
i also haven't seen her lay any eggs for a while

Attachments

• 88BE3C23-4F3E-4EA1-AF5C-5507037B9225.jpeg
    88BE3C23-4F3E-4EA1-AF5C-5507037B9225.jpeg
    654.4 KB · Views: 74
she used to be very active and playful but now she just lays in one or two areas, drinks & eats food then goes to sleep.
and she usually goes to sleep at 7-8 but sometimes she sleeps at 3-6:30 pm
and when i put her on my lap she doesn't really balance herself and falls asleep in seconds

today she just layed in one area for a while then moved to another corner and when my chicken and roosters were drinking water and going to the coop she didn't care and stayed there for maybe an hour

i give them dried corn with seeds and sometimes mealworms
i also haven't seen her lay any eggs for a while
I would try giving her some nutrients/electrolytes. Here's what I'd recommend and you can get it at Tractor Supply.
Screenshot_20230321-165318_Chrome.jpg

You can also give her some cooked egg. If she gets worse or want to go ahead and give it to her, you could offer her some Gatorade.

what else can i do
Stop giving treats (corn, mealworms) and give her feed made for chickens. Check her over thoroughly. Is her crop large or small, hard or soft? Is her crop emptying overnight? Any abdominal swelling? Any mites or lice? Does her poop look normal? Any sneezing, wheezing, coughing, discharge?

Stop giving treats (corn, mealworms) and give her feed made for chickens. Check her over thoroughly. Is her crop large or small, hard or soft? Is her crop emptying overnight? Any abdominal swelling? Any mites or lice? Does her poop look normal? Any sneezing, wheezing, coughing, discharge?
ok i will get some, her crop is large and hard and no adominal swelling, no mites or lice and she hasn't pooped yet and i don't know if her crops empty and no sneezing and ect.

Back
Top Bottom