The amazing fainting Sally

This 👆

And maybe add some vitamin B complex as well.
Thanks 😊. When I treat anyone I think is deficient vitamins I usually give a little mash of the baby bird food, egg yolk, poultry cell, and vitamin e. I’ll double check the poultry cell has the B but I have a huge bottle of complex in case I need to add any in.
I’ll keep everyone up to date. She seemed to settle in her new coop great yesterday and not fearful I found her with a silkie sitting on top of her lol. She said hey we get pillows in this hotel I like it 😂.

In addition to the possible suggestions above, your descriptions of Sally's behaviors brought to my mind the Fainting Goat breed. This breed of goat carries the hereditary condition myotonia congenita. When a Fainting Goat is startled or surprised, its muscles involuntarily contract and do not release for a period of time, causing the goat to stiffen and fall over. While immobilized, the goat remain fully conscious. There is lots of info available on the internet if you Google "fainting goat."
I thought of this as well :thumbsup

Interesting problem you have there, @Phillyndilly. I hope your girl turn out ok!

I thought of this as well :thumbsup

Interesting problem you have there, @Phillyndilly. I hope your girl turn out ok!
Thank you! She stayed vertical today lol here she is with her crew. I do hope she’s ok she’s quite funny she talks to me a lot anytime she sees me but doesn’t seem fearful just like she’s saying hi lol.

Attachments

• 86E95FF6-53C4-4CF7-A9A5-E4144D6FA557.jpeg
    86E95FF6-53C4-4CF7-A9A5-E4144D6FA557.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Hi everyone Sallymander had something very sad happen. She had an episode in the coop at night and was attacked by a goose who sleeps there. He showed no previous aggression to any of the chickens. Sally’s entire head was plucked of feathers and badly bruised and bleeding. It was so swollen and bloody that I wasn’t sure she’d make it. I got some pain medication from the vet and she’s doing so well now. She’s already healing and acting like like herself. She was in my shower for the past 3 days but now she moved out to the barn. With a heat plate. There’s a few chickens in there recovering in a different brooder and one girl who we just brought in with wry neck. I’m so glad she’s okay. I guess I am thankful it wasn’t a predator. I was going to cover an area in my special needs run anyway so I’ll just have to do that now and make sure she is fully protected. I’ll keep everyone up to date on her fainting condition. She’s flipped a few more times prior to her attack and each time she was totally conscious.

Back
Top Bottom