Hen_House04

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2023
Hey there!

So I have an Olive Egger 10mths old. She has been acting fine all day and even got to eat fresh grass in the chicken tractor this afternoon. She didn’t want to lay an egg until about 6:30 tonight. She crawled in the nesting box and hasn’t moved since. I have a camera out there and have been checking up on her and she is asleep in the box while others are on their roosting bar. I’ve went out there and petted her, she let me rub all on her and I even gave her some egg shells thinking maybe if she was having trouble laying it would help with contractions… maybe. (I’m still new to this stuff🤪). I left to come back inside and everyone is back asleep in the coop and she fell back asleep in the box. Anyway, should I go back out to try move her or just let her be for the night? Is this a sign maybe she is trying to be broody or is having problems laying or is it that the nesting bed pad is more comfy and she just doesn’t feel like laying, she just wants to be a extra (the little queen she is) and sleep in it for the night (to be hard headed😵‍💫). Please help! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Attached is the coop camera…

Attachments

• 87FF8983-2041-4647-B9B0-92AA2855C7F4.jpeg
    87FF8983-2041-4647-B9B0-92AA2855C7F4.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 34
I would not move her tonight. Take a look in the a.m. to see if she's laid her egg and what her behavior is like.
She may have just been a little late laying her egg and it got dark on her. Hard to know.
If she acts off, then give her extra calcium - you can find Calcium Citrate with D3 at stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Just pop the tablet right into her beak and let her swallow.

Is she broody? Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom