Chicken Shawls! Anyone need any?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by littledirtlane, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littledirtlane

littledirtlane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Richlands, NC
    My grandmother has just started making chicken shawls. Yes, shawls...she didn't want them to be saddles, lol. She has an Etsy Shoppe and she has been sewing away! She is making them with all types of different materials to choose from, some she is even putting cotton batting in for comfort...you should see the one she did with the skirt...oh I will show a picture, it is too cute. I am going to have her make one for every hen in my flock as a preventative measure...
    [​IMG]
    Here's another, this one has batting inside...
    [​IMG]
    I just wanted to share, because I know there are some pitiful bald hens out there that could use one...

Here is the link:

http://www.namaschickenshawls.etsy.com

2. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    OMG --- how adorable are these!!!! Too too cute. And I love that she calls them shawls -- I don't care for the term saddle either. You grandmother is very clever and talented.

Now, to bookmark these,
    Jenny

3. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    :loveThis just made my night

4. littledirtlane

Apr 14, 2010
    Richlands, NC
    She is so excited about these! I am glad you like them! She is so cute with her little humming and singing while she makes them...she is the cutest woman ever - lol.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

And.... *smirk* I just bought two of 'em!

6. littledirtlane

Apr 14, 2010
    Richlands, NC
    Hi Linda! She just got your order - I had to call her and tell her! Her very first sale in her Etsy Shop! She said that she will make a yellow one with a heart in large and will post it for you soon! Thanks for your order!! She will be sending them your way on Monday morning!! [​IMG]

7. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    I'm for sure keeping you in mind if I find I have need for shawls! So cute!

8. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Oh Lordy, taking your chicken out on a hot date? That first one looks like a dress, Lol!! Maybe put some jewelry on her too? (Bracelet as a necklace, earrings, etc). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Suechick

Suechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Carlsbad, CA
    These are SOOOO cute. She should look into making chicken diapers too. They are for folks who want house chickens. I bet the market for them is increasing rapidly!

10. littledirtlane

Apr 14, 2010
    Richlands, NC
    She has thought about chicken diapers, but has passed on that one...she has to have a really good reason to make things for chickens and she couldn't come up with one good enough for a diaper, lol...

But - she is going to be putting rings on the backs of some of her saddles so that you can attach a leash - I have seen people walking chickens before...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by