Chicken Shawls! Anyone need any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littledirtlane

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Richlands, NC
My grandmother has just started making chicken shawls. Yes, shawls...she didn't want them to be saddles, lol. She has an Etsy Shoppe and she has been sewing away! She is making them with all types of different materials to choose from, some she is even putting cotton batting in for comfort...you should see the one she did with the skirt...oh I will show a picture, it is too cute. I am going to have her make one for every hen in my flock as a preventative measure...
MulitcolorDotsandStripes-XLARGE.jpg

Here's another, this one has batting inside...
YellowwithHeart-LARGE.jpg

I just wanted to share, because I know there are some pitiful bald hens out there that could use one...

Here is the link:

http://www.namaschickenshawls.etsy.com

OMG --- how adorable are these!!!! Too too cute. And I love that she calls them shawls -- I don't care for the term saddle either. You grandmother is very clever and talented.

Now, to bookmark these,
Jenny

She is so excited about these! I am glad you like them! She is so cute with her little humming and singing while she makes them...she is the cutest woman ever - lol.

Hi Linda! She just got your order - I had to call her and tell her! Her very first sale in her Etsy Shop! She said that she will make a yellow one with a heart in large and will post it for you soon! Thanks for your order!! She will be sending them your way on Monday morning!!
smile.png

Oh Lordy, taking your chicken out on a hot date? That first one looks like a dress, Lol!! Maybe put some jewelry on her too? (Bracelet as a necklace, earrings, etc).
lol.png
gig.gif
lau.gif

These are SOOOO cute. She should look into making chicken diapers too. They are for folks who want house chickens. I bet the market for them is increasing rapidly!

She has thought about chicken diapers, but has passed on that one...she has to have a really good reason to make things for chickens and she couldn't come up with one good enough for a diaper, lol...

But - she is going to be putting rings on the backs of some of her saddles so that you can attach a leash - I have seen people walking chickens before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom