Chicken Short Story

Ian0823

Chirping
Apr 22, 2020
After my whole flock died
I decided I will never raise chicken again two weeks ago

I was feeling bored cause I used to sit and roam with chickens

2 days ago at night
I was looking outside the window I saw dark blurred figure ( I could say something alive moving )
I went outside and it was none other than a 2-3 mo old pullet without tail
Her crop was full and I put her in box
And I ran to my neighbours asking a blck brown chick probably 2-3 mo old is inside my house But none said its their's
Next morning I gave her feed that I have after mine chickens died
She was very energetic raoming and running in my yard catching bugs
In those 3 hours she get very close to me and I started thinking of raising her and she raising her chicks
Then a stranger knock at my door and Said its thier pullet which he forgot to lock yesterday night
I was thinking whether to buy her or give him back

But the memories of my died chickens and when I bury all of them made me too nervous to ask him about buying her

I saw her yesterday she was roaming happily with her siblings

That’s heartbreaking. Perhaps someday you could get more chickens, though don’t rush it. You obviously have a very kind heart to take in that chicken even after losing your own (even if it was only for a day or two). She seemed to enjoy being around you. I’m very sorry about your flock :(
And hopefully someday you’ll be able to open your heart to more chickens. Though if you can’t I completely understand. Every chicken has its own personality. No chicken can ever replace the ones you’ve lost. Again I’m sorry for your lost, and thank you for helping that young hen.

2 days ago at night
I was looking outside the window I saw dark blurred figure ( I could say something alive moving )
And I ran to my neighbours asking a blck brown chick probably 2-3 mo old is inside my house But none said its their's
In those 3 hours she get very close to me and I started thinking of raising her and she raising her chicks
Then a stranger knock at my door and Said its thier pullet which he forgot to lock yesterday night

But the memories of my died chickens and when I bury all of them made me too nervous to ask him about buying her

I am so sorry about your flock if my birds died I would be in depression. If you want birds but don’t think you are ready for more chickens yet maybe try some other poultry like ducks or G. Hens (sorry I don’t know how to spell Giny? Geinea?) . Or maybe look into rescuing some battery hens . I would get more birds cause it can help you move on

I get it - your heart can't take it right now. It is okay to take a break. Enjoy your neighbor's chickens. Maybe he'll let you visit on a semi-regular basis.

2 days ago at night

:hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom