Chicken Shuffling for fun!!

Overeasyplz

Songster
10 Years
Nov 8, 2009
Leesburg
Actually it probably won't be too fun, I'm waiting for it to be dark out so I can shuffle birds! I took the double room wooden shed and finished plugging the holes in it, cut a big piece of plywood for a temporary door to separate the rooms, filled it with straw and put a light in it! I nailed up a 2x4 for a bird perch and threw some straw in. I put two roos in there untill i can transport them to my friends barn tomorrow, and I will put my seven big hens in there tonight! They will be so happy to have all that room. I managed to rehome two banty roos so my 10 banties will go in the big hen's tractor. They will be happy to have more room too(they have been in a rabbit cage for the week since I rescued them but I've been letting them out during the day). I went around to the other side of the wooden shed and there was a great deal of wood nailed to it in a fashion to resemble a roof, partially built. I think the landlady told me her ten year old was building a stall. it was a heavy mess but my DD and I tore most of it down. I think once we clean that area up I shall build a bigger room onto that shed specially for all the chickens. Anyway, I have a head full of plans but more snow is scheduled to hit tomorrow, so my few hours outside were not wasted, but i still have so much to do! I can't wait till spring. And no, I won't post pics because it is an ugly shed. I want to re-side and re-roof the whole thing this coming summer, even if we are renting the place I want it to look good:)

Sounds like someone had a productive day...sorry it wasnt me...but
thumbsup.gif

Done! After much cluckling and a banty bite I got everyone in their place. Won't the banties be pleased with all that space tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom