CHICKEN SICK ALL IF A SUDDEN PLS HELP!!!

Vanessa_monte

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2022
hello,about two days ago I noticed my hen was laying all alone in the coop,she didn’t show interest in walking. So I took her in, her symptoms include,not walking,laying in a side almost,eyes closing a bit,not eating/drinking ,and she is only about 11 month old. Pls help me!! This was so sudden and I really don’t know what is happening🙁I have read that a possibility is marked disease. But I don’t want to think that it could be the only cause. PLEASE HELP☹️☹️☹️

Please post pictures of your girl & her poop. Head, feet (top and bottom), vent, etc.
She can’t stand so I won’t force her,other than that she lays in a side and has not pooped over the last 48 hours. I have to force her to eat and drink. I have her in my garage and it is a normal temp. We currently are dealing with rats in the coop,so idk if that has something to do with it. Pest control will be here tomorrow. Pls reply if you have any answers!!!!!😥😥

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 3
She can’t stand so I won’t force her,other than that she lays in a side and has not pooped over the last 48 hours. I have to force her to eat and drink. I have her in my garage and it is a normal temp. We currently are dealing with rats in the coop,so idk if that has something to do with it. Pest control will be here tomorrow. Pls reply if you have any answers!!!!!😥😥
You haven't been putting out rat posion, right? So sorry about your hen!

Has she laid recently? How old? Breed? What is she fed? Is her crop emptying overnight
I am assuming she laid about 2 days ago. We found her all alone in the coop on Tuesday so I am sure she didn’t lay that day. She is about to turn a year old in April. She is a buff Orpington. She is fed pasture,dumor chicken feed,and fresh water daily. I don’t feel like her crop seems normal it is smaller than normal. We have rats but pest control is coming tomorrow Idk if that has something to do with her problem PLS HELP!!😥😥

NEVER!! Am keeping rat poison off limits for my coop problem. So idk what happened. I am super worried since is a sweet young hen. It makes me very sad to see her like this
Ok, just thought I'd check. I'm really sorry, I don't know too much about chicken illness, but I tagged someone who may be able to help more.

Back
Top Bottom