šŸ” Paprika needs help.

AussieRed

In the Brooder
Aug 25, 2023
Hello, can anyone HELP me with my girl? ā˜¹ļø She has not laid and egg in almost a month. She barely eats and is starting to lose weight. I have lost 3 girls prior to her from what I think was sour crop. I treated them for worms. And withheld all food. I have one that is currently still laying. Iā€™m about to start treatment for vent gleet due to the poop bottoms. She still has a nice red comb and waddle, she is not molting yet. She is coughing some which I have gave some vet rx to try and help with that. Iā€™m just stumped as to why she barely eats and has stopped laying. Attached are pictures of her in the front and also a picture of her fluffy butt that I suspect may be vent gleet.
IMG_4894.jpeg
IMG_4825.jpeg

What's their diet? What did you worm with?
Was feeding kalambauch reserve but just switched since they didnā€™t seem to like it much. Was also giving scratch. And they were let out to free rang a few hours a day. Dewormer was fenbendazole

Did you give the fenbendazole 5 days in a row, or once and repeat it in 10 days? What dosage. That is not vent gleet, but aI would clean her off with soap and water. Could she be laying elsewhere? How does her crop feel early in the morning before she eats? Is her lower belly under her vent enlarged?

Did you give the fenbendazole 5 days in a row, or once and repeat it in 10 days? What dosage. That is not vent gleet, but aI would clean her off with soap and water. Could she be laying elsewhere? How does her crop feel early in the morning before she eats? Is her lower belly under her vent enlarged?
I gave 1/2 cc then again 1/2 cc in 7 days. I did soak her in epsom salt and cleaned her good. But it just looks like that again. At bedtime her crop is empty.

Fenbendazole (SafeGuard or Panacur 10%) dosage is 1/4 ml per pound, so about 1.25 ml for a 5 pound hen. Give it for 5 straight days for most all types of worms. Give it once and again in 10 days for roundworms only. If you can get a picture of her current droppings, that might be helpful. Scrambled egg or tuna might tempt her to eat.

Back
Top Bottom