chicken sick

cs

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
I am new to chicks. I bought from a non-professional, I am sure. One of the chicks turned out NOT to be like the other 6--they are Americanas and she is a -- Cochin? Silkie? Mix?

Problem: she is about 4 weeks and she seems not able to easily walk. We see she has at least one extra toe and huge feathers on her feet. She also may have been injured by one of the Americanas--who are about 3 times bigger than she is now.

I don't know what to do. Any suggestions--she is a darling chick and I want to try to help her.

Thanks so much

CS

I would buy some polyvisol vitamins with out iron and give her three dropsa day on her beak for a week. Make sure she swallows, but be careful not to choke her with the medicine. Make sure the other chicks arent beating her up too bad, and she is eating and drinking. Give her 1 drop a day the second week. What do you have for them to walk on?

She has solid and caged floor to walk on. It seems like these huge feathers are keeping her from walking but how would I know normal feathered feet look like? What do the iron drops do?

Back
Top Bottom