Chicken sitter

I want to restate that I am not wanting to start an argument. :)

You didn't state you couldn't ask, or that your neighbor had limitations. I think she was sharing a personal experience, and making a suggestion without knowing the full story. I don't think that we need to get irritated with someone trying to help, even if they're suggestion doesn't work for you. Its easier for everyone to simply say, "I don't think that will work...."
Sorry, I may have made a short post long, just trying to avoid an argument. :oops: It makes it easier for us to help you, and you to get help this way. I do hope that this doesn't come off as frank.🙃
I’m not irritated at all. I simply answered her question of why. I just added that asking me “why” an elderly neighbor can’t help wasn’t necessary. Have a good night😊

You need to update your avatar info with where you live because there are people on here from all over the world. It makes it easier to suggest solutions. If you're in the U.S., sign up on Nextdoor.com where there are only your neighbors around you and make a post requesting to trade help with a person, or offering money/eggs in return for them letting chickens out, or putting them in. I've also had good luck with posting at the local feed mill when I needed help, and with the local homeschool group. Nextdoor.com would be the place to post also if you are looking for a homeschool group to post a job to. Many of them have a monthly email or newsletter that goes out. Finally, you can call your local country vet and ask if they have people that farm sit. There's always people who do it, although you'll have to pay. I always thought their rates were cheap for care of horses. In Missouri it doesn't cost much, but if you are east Coast or West Coast it will be a lot higher.

You need to update your avatar info with where you live because there are people on here from all over the world. It makes it easier to suggest solutions. If you're in the U.S., sign up on Nextdoor.com where there are only your neighbors around you and make a post requesting to trade help with a person, or offering money/eggs in return for them letting chickens out, or putting them in. I've also had good luck with posting at the local feed mill when I needed help, and with the local homeschool group. Nextdoor.com would be the place to post also if you are looking for a homeschool group to post a job to. Many of them have a monthly email or newsletter that goes out. Finally, you can call your local country vet and ask if they have people that farm sit. There's always people who do it, although you'll have to pay. I always thought their rates were cheap for care of horses. In Missouri it doesn't cost much, but if you are east Coast or West Coast it will be a lot higher.
Thank you so much. I added where I live to my profile. I posted on the next door app and it wasn’t successful. I do say I’ll pay and take any eggs of course😊 I didn’t even think of asking the vet😊 and the feed store as well…thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom