chicken skin

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by tball, Jun 14, 2011.

1. tball

tball Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    hemphill,tx
    Ok.. i have owned chickens for aprox-7 weeks normally i just ask google and get prompt answers. Couldnt really get this yet. I was going to fry chicken wings and have all those tips left, i know you can feed cooked chicken to them but can they eat the skin off and will they be ok with boney bits in the tip? I did not want to peel or any extra work i i dont give that to my dog she would eat the whole thing and prob cost me a vet bill![​IMG]

2. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I have heard it post on here that many give a whole left over bird, turkey and chicken. No one ever said anything about taking parts off before you give them. They only talk about the clean bones they find the next day.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    This isn't going to be helpful - I do feed chicken to my chickens on occasion. They usually leave the bones; picked clean of course. They will eat the skin and if the bones are small enough, probably swallow them too. However, I don't feed any meats to younger chicks. I think they are usually about 3 months old before I allow the young ones to have any.

However, a regular supplement for my dogs is raw chicken wings, leg quarters, you name it except for the breast (too expensive).

4. ChickyLoo

ChickyLoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Are you all giving them cooked chicken with bones? Coulda sworn I read somewhere giving chicken chicken can cause spinal cord damage?[​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:That's untrue. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by