Chicken Slumber party!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by marymac, Jul 16, 2011.

1. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    i have been letting my 2 flocks out together for about a month now. They have a few squabbles now and then, but my rooster, Sasquatch dives between the hens and puts a stop to any unrulliness.He will do this with his own hens or a mix of the 2 flocks, and soon peace is restored. Last night they were out and when I went to shut them up I always count heads to make sure every one is in for the night. Well I counted 5 in on coop and 8 in the other. This morning I seen I had 4 brown chickens in the small coop and there should have been 3, huh? Upon investigation sometime before they got closed up the one hen snuck back into the wrong coop. I think they partyed half the night, and they are still partying! I hear squabbling and jumping around today, but soon the party will be over with cause I'm about to go outside and open the doors to the coops. I think that will be one happy hen when she gets out. I let her stay all day cause I didn't feel like chasing her to try and get her back into her own coop, haha. I wonder if she'll make that mistake again.

2. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Funny! I looked in our chickens last night and they were in a sharing circle like a bunch of girl scouts out camping. The peeping stopped when I opened the door. I'm sure they were planning something [​IMG]

3. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    That is so funny. I find my hens are so nice to each other. Just clucking back and forth through the fence. My roosters climb the fence like something you will see on the Matrix movie. Plumb silly. I am going to catch it on videooo and post it on youtube.

4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Uh oh. Sounds like too much gossiping started a catfight! [​IMG]

5. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

6. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    I love watching my chickens. They each have their own personalities, and they really are smart for what they need to know in their own world. What is really weird to me is how they know which one belongs to their own flock even if they look the same and are in a different flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by