Chicken smells

What's her diet? Housing? Check her over for wounds
The scent is coming from her vent. Which I just washed due to a few feces. The scent is really strong tho, would a little bit of feces do that? Diet is Natures Best Organic Layer from TS. Dried Solider fly larva (treats). Housing is clean. I’ve actually been bringing them inside overnight due to extreme heat and using indoor coop with roosting bar and puppy pads changed out daily. Large fenced in yard to free range. No wounds.

Is there anything the typically causes a urine smell in chickens? Disease, hormones, heat?

The scent is coming from her vent. Which I just washed due to a few feces. The scent is really strong tho, would a little bit of feces do that? Diet is Natures Best Organic Layer from TS. Dried Solider fly larva (treats). Housing is clean. I’ve actually been bringing them inside overnight due to extreme heat and using indoor coop with roosting bar and puppy pads changed out daily. Large fenced in yard to free range. No wounds.

Is there anything the typically causes a urine smell in chickens? Disease, hormones, heat?
Maybe dehydration? I've never heard of this before.

No, she doesn’t lay much anymore tho. I did find a possible lash egg under her roost. I took her vet and they weren’t concerned, said it was an underdeveloped egg, like just to yolk formed and hardened, the vet said “kind of like a miscarriage”, and she said the urine smell is from the heated in her feces 🤷‍♀️

I told the vet I was concerned about my hens kidneys, but they vet said she was t concerned. 🤷‍♀️ I’ll monitor her.
Any (not scary) thoughts?

The scent is coming from her vent. Which I just washed due to a few feces. The scent is really strong tho, would a little bit of feces do that?
Did you wash her in a tub of water .....or.....?

No, she doesn’t lay much anymore tho. I did find a possible lash egg under her roost.
Did you cut the lash in half and show it to the vet, or maybe take a pic of it?

I took her vet and they weren’t concerned, said it was an underdeveloped egg, like just to yolk formed and hardened, the vet said “kind of like a miscarriage”, and she said the urine smell is from the heated in her feces 🤷‍♀️
This vet should not be used to diagnose chickens.

Back
Top Bottom