Chicken "Sneezing"?

TriangleMaster9

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 20, 2012
Western Washington
At first I had three chickens, to of them unforunately died... So, we decided to get the remaining one 3 new companions. We heard to hole "keep the seperate, but still somewhat close" thing and did so for about a week. We just put them together today, they were pecking and stuff like expected, but the original chicken has been making this strange sneezing sound. Im really conserned, we have been putting a small dose of probiotics in their water hoping to prevents other disease. Any idea what it is and how to cure it? Any help is apperiated.

My buff, she about 3-4 months old. The others are around 2-3. When ever there was sneezing, there's a lot of it. Like 1 every few minutes for about five minutes or so. Then it will stop for awhile. I heard the whole dust thing and I'm hoping that's it, but the rest of the girls aren't though. It seems as if here sneezing has stopped for now and lets hope it stays that way!
Thanks!:D

For sure my chicks have been sneezing too. I feel more then normal. I read a lot of things about lung infections and such, but I think there needs to be some sort of nasal discharge too.

My chickys don't have any snot or anything and it seems to be less and less now. It went on for about a week.

It could be that the other chickens have other dust and pollens the your chicken has been exposed to. I wouldn't be surprised if chickens has allergies just like people do.

Maybe you could give you other hens a bath? Chickens like warm water. And they seem to do really well with a blow dryer. If you kinda tuck their head under you armpit.

IDK its just a shot in the dark, ya know?

Anyways I hope she stops too
fl.gif
. Just keep an eye on her to see if anything else develops.

Back
Top Bottom