Chicken sound cross reference???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seismic wonder2, Nov 10, 2009.

1. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Has anyone ever taken the time to cross the little noises and sounds a chicken makes to what they are doing or what they want?

I've noticed my silkie, Roxy, makes a little noise when she knows I have treats, really quiet like, then Georgia comes running from across the yard!

Or the little noise Georgia makes when I flip her over to check her feet then Roxy takes off like a shot to hide in the coop! (Roxy HATES being upside down)

They have all sorts of noises, I need to record them and play back to see what they do, then keep track of it. Maybe I'll write a book "The Chicken Whisperer"... LOL

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Sure! I do that daily. Tallulah (RSL) follows me around when I'm scooping poop and she does that little "doot doot doot" noise and watches every little thing I do. She's the curious one. Then Maudette does a double cackle after she lays an egg. So if I'm inside the house and hear that, I know who just laid an egg! My older hen Pearl sounds more like a goose and she makes those low under her breath honking noises when I'm out with her. Her way of just chatting.

[​IMG] and you have to be careful when the hens are about......I constantly have to look behind me before I turn around otherwise someone's going to get their little foot stepped on. Especially when I'm near the food shed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by