1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken spat some liquid

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by wendigo, Jan 17, 2014.

1. wendigo

wendigo Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2013
    They just woke up. One of them went to the water and drank a bit, then after turning around it spat some liquid that looked sticky. I checked her crop and it's empty. Her over night poop looks like a big mass of bright green mashed potatoes. Other than that she acts normally, has a great posture and eats.

It might be nothing, but I don't want to wait untill I find out. Should I start worrying?

2. tatertot

tatertot Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2013
    Google it...
    I have no clue

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I had a silkie who did that once. She ended up having a viral respiratory illness. Keep a close watch on her looking for any signs of wheezing or coughing or sneezing or any mucus present. With my bird about a day after she spat up I could hear a slight wheeze. I'm not saying for certain that your bird has this. I'm just saying it could be a possibility and to keep a close eye on her for any of these symptoms. I wish you the best and God bless.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by