Chicken starting to run into walls nonstop

Pics
Oct 18, 2017
Midway, Georgia USA
My chicken Muppet had either an eye injury or fowl pox. I have taken her to the vet 2 times in 10 days for it. She is on topical and oral antibiotics. Just about 10minutes ago, she started running and crashing around in her house. She is a house hen and I have her in a indoor rabbit cage since she can't go out until well. I am freaking because this behavior is NOT normal. I put her in a larger outside kennel just now to see if she would settle down but its like her only interest it to crash into walls and turn and run and crash the other way. I have held her, tried to calm her.... I am fearing this is some sort of brain disorder now. I don't know what to do... my only chicken vet is not open until Monday....

So she stays in the house all day? Sounds like an unhappy chicken desperately trying to get outside where it belongs and can be a happy, normal chicken. I’m never surprised when someone’s “house chicken” starts to decline since they are living in a completely unnatural environment.
I know I’ll receive a lot of hate for this and the moderators don’t like it, but I’ll never stop preaching about the dangers of keeping a chicken in the house. It’s dirty, unnatural and unhealthy for not only you but the chicken as well. These are not opinions these are facts. Just the asbestos they carry under their wings alone should be enough to make one shudder - and chicken diapers? A great way to give your chicken an infection and spend thousands of dollars.

So she stays in the house all day? Sounds like an unhappy chicken desperately trying to get outside where it belongs and can be a happy, normal chicken. I’m never surprised when someone’s “house chicken” starts to decline since they are living in a completely unnatural environment.
I know I’ll receive a lot of hate for this and the moderators don’t like it, but I’ll never stop preaching about the dangers of keeping a chicken in the house. It’s dirty, unnatural and unhealthy for not only you but the chicken as well. These are not opinions these are facts. Just the asbestos they carry under their wings alone should be enough to make one shudder - and chicken diapers? A great way to give your chicken an infection and spend thousands of dollars.
She has FOWL POX or CANCER, she would normally go out during the day and COME IN AT NIGHT. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PUT HER OUT WITH FOWL POX OR CANCER WITH HER OTHER CHICKENS???

She has FOWL POX or CANCER, she would normally go out during the day and COME IN AT NIGHT. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PUT HER OUT WITH FOWL POX OR CANCER WITH HER OTHER CHICKENS???
Chickens get sick all the time. You make a separate quarantine area for them. That’s what people do with sick chickens - or keep them in a crate in the garage / back porch.

And you just ASSSUMED she NEVER GOES OUT. I even SAID she "can't go out until well"
Clam down! You are doing your best and what you think is good for your bird! People will disagree with stuff. Like some people disagree with me treating my birds with Colloidal silver for eye infections but I do it and it works! It may take a little bit longer to go away but it works! So unfortunately people speak what they want and do disagree with what people do

Back
Top Bottom