Chicken stopped laying

I know this is an old thread, but what type of feed are you using now? I just purchased 5 ducklings for egg laying purposes, and I want to avoid the Purina conundrum beforehand.

Mine get Scratch n Peck layer feed (I get the soy free) and have been laying (albeit less frequently up until a few weeks ago) all through winter. People at my church had the same issue (some of them use supplemental light) and had 2 yo hens completely stop laying for months.

Thank you! I figured they might be random but she's been consistent for a while.

I'm in southern Ontario Canada :)
I’m sorry, but could I know how you manage to get duck feed from tractor supply when you’re in Canada?
I’ve been hoping to change duck feed for my duck if possible, but the only one with good reviews we can find near us is manna pro duck feed. If possible, could I know how you’ve been buying from tractor supply? It always says it doesn’t deliver to Canada when I try to.

Yes it’s cold but it’s been very cold since November with no issues until now. She is on a layer feed from tractor supply. Haven’t switched that at all. She was getting work treats and switched it up to a scratch that had worms in it when the stopped producing. Switched back to the worms and nothing. I’ve even added some tuna in water here and there cuz it’s her favorite and nothing. I’m stumped.
Is she eating the tuna and water? Is her behavior normal'? Is she sticking with the flock and engaged in chicken behavior? If all these are yes i would not be highly concerned. I only say this because i have been there. Mine stopped laying and i thought they would die any day. They did not. After 5 months, they ALL started laying again. They stopped in September/october, and started again this January. They will be 2yrs in May. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom