Chicken stuck with no water for 5 days!!

We believe the only possibility is if she landed at the edge of the top, her weight would have lifted it up, the rest is a mystery. It is very tight so she couldn't move her wings to flop. My husband heard some odd noise once, went to check on them but didn't see any distress, never thought it was the feeder. The squirrels sometimes make noises too, so he walked away.

That makes sense.

Homemade electrolyte recipe linked below. I know not everyone has some nutridrench on hand and my farm stores carry sav-a-chick seasonally.

https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2017/02/homemade-electrolyte-recipe-chicks.html

She looks surprisingly alert.

My chicken-keeping friend has had the exact same situation. Lost a Silkie. Found it inside the feeder. Beats me how they manage it.

Keep us updated. Hope she does ok.

She looks surprisingly alert.

My chicken-keeping friend has had the exact same situation. Lost a Silkie. Found it inside the feeder. Beats me how they manage it.

Keep us updated. Hope she does ok.
[/QUOTE

Yes, we could not believe how alert she was. Stumbled over her feet a few times at first, but that's about it. Crazy that your your friend had the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom