Chicken Sty?

SillyChick

Songster
12 Years
Dec 15, 2007
Hello

I went to the coop and noticed my 5 month-old, New Hampshire Red pullet has a sty(a little bump found around the eye - also occurs on humans). Or is it? Please help! Sorry for the low-quality pic..... just using a camera phone. If you need more pics, I'll try to get more!

13032008005.jpg

See it?

Oh, and do you see one of the tips of her comb? There is a little red spot on it. It doesn't look very pleasant. Can you tell what it is? Maybe I'll post another thread on it and take more pics.

Thanks in advance!

Can you get a better pic of her comb?
I wouldn't be worried about the sty... It actually looks more like a skin tab than a sty. My understanding is that a sty is an infection that causes the eye to become very red and irritated, often swelling shut.
Is her comb just that color or is there some sort of cut or something on it? Looking at her beak, she may just have different colors (pink and black or grey maybe?) in her skin, beak and feet.

Thank you all! Thanks also for relieving me of the sty. The comb doesn't look some dirt - it looks similar to that when you get a wound and it dries up - looks severe. I saw some little blood on her comb when I last checked on her :eek:..... Darn camera...... I'll post a thread about the comb as soon as I get some pics. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom