Chicken suddenly dead

Amblyn

Hatching
Oct 1, 2020
Hi. I’m new here. I came down to let My girls have some scratch found one of my chickens dead I came home from work today and a couple of my chickens Combs are pale and hanging over when I raise them from babies I chose not to get the Merrick’s vaccine how do you tell if this could be Merrick’s or a parasite or something else? Please excuse any misspelled words I’m voice texting

Welcome to BYC.
Can you check them well for lice and or mites?

What exactly do you feed them?

Hi. Thanks for responding. I feed Dumor 16% layer crumbles. I don’t see lice or mites.

They are 8 months old. I rarely let them free range. When I do I’m right there with them. What about impacted crop? What are the chances they all end up with that at one time ya know

Where are you located? Is it very hot there? Do you have multiple waterers available in different spots, in case one is kept from food and water? Check crops at roost time or after dark on the roost, and then check them again in early morning to see if they have emptied. Look them over well for any evidence of lice or mites.

Hi. I’m new here. I came down to let My girls have some scratch found one of my chickens dead I came home from work today and a couple of my chickens Combs are pale and hanging over when I raise them from babies I chose not to get the Merrick’s vaccine how do you tell if this could be Merrick’s or a parasite or something else? Please excuse any misspelled words I’m voice texting
They are 8 months old. I rarely let them free range. When I do I’m right there with them. What about impacted crop? What are the chances they all end up with that at one time ya know
I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you still have the body? If you suspect impacted crop was the cause, you could perform an informal investigation yourself and look to see if there's evidence of a blocked crop or gizzard.

Can you please post some photos of the ones that are not feeling well and their poop too?
Where are you located in the world?

Back
Top Bottom