CHICKEN SWAPS OF NH SWAP LISTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We will be there in spirit.
They are having one up in Houlton next Saturday. We will be at that one. We miss everyone in NH. Hope you have a great swap.

I am in Ct and will miss this swap, but I am on the lookout for a nice temperment roo, bantam cochin I think. Do cochins naturally breed or do they have to be inseminated? I had heard someone at the Oxford show say they needed to be inseminated because of the heavy feathering in "that" area and I really dont feel like giving a butt trim!

Quote:
Don't tell big Blue that. He does just fine on his own. The eggs that Janet and Heather & Jen hatched were from him and I can't see me picking up a 2' tall Blue Cochin roo to trim his butt.
th.gif

Quote:
My LF cochins breed just great on their own...I had a 98% fertility rate on one batch of 48 eggs
wink.png
they get busy
tongue.png
I will have an extra blue cochin roo I think. Let me know if your may be interested. I will be going to Chichester at the end of the month (I hope).

Quote:
actully, yes to breed good you should pluck around the vent of the female and male cochins becouse of too many feathers. There feathers make it harder for the male to actully get the girl if you know what i mean. lol in other words it can not find the way in. lol
but mine have not had that promblem, but this is why when soem one shows a female cochin they do not breed her until they are either doen showing her or out of season of showing.
well for that and also breakage of feathers.

Last edited:
Quote:
We will be there in spirit.
They are having one up in Houlton next Saturday. We will be at that one. We miss everyone in NH. Hope you have a great swap.

we miss you too cheryl
hit.gif

Last edited:
I had someone contact me looking for 2 pullets - RiR and Mottled Java 12-14 weeks to slip into their flock before there child comes home to find that something took them.
sad.png
Anyone know of any?

I only have mottled Java roos left and I do not do RIR.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm not going to make it out there today... if anyone is still interested in the ducks I could definitely bring them to Deerfield tomorrow... send me a pm or reply here. Thanks!

Quote:
Do you know the times for Deerfield tomorrow?
Is there an admission fee?
I've been looking all over for information and was just coming here to post about it!!!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom