Chicken teacher!

Chickenrunner16

Hatching
7 Years
May 22, 2012
Hello chickens! I am a teacher in south Florida and I'm currently incubating eggs in my classroom. The thing is I'm starting to lose hope in the possibility of hatchings because today is day 22 and there is nothing happening in the incubator. :(( Does anyone have hope that they might still hatch? I've done this in years past but it's been 3 years since the last time. I have always had at least something by now. I welcome any advice or suggestions!! Thank you!!

If your temperature was running a little low a hatch may go beyond the 'normal' 21 day period. Did you candle the eggs, and did they appear to be developing? If so, there is still hope.

WelcometoBYC.gif

I candled last week and saw some blood vessels but didn't have a very strong flashlight so didn't see a lot. I have some white and some brown eggs and I couldn't see through the brown eggs at all. I had one start to break through yesterday morning then it didn't move again all day, no movement or sound since from any other eggs. :(

Welcome to BYC! Unfortunately I can't offer much help as I haven't been brave enough to try hatching. Here's hoping that you wind up with chicks tomorrow - the other teaching lesson just isn't as fun. Fingers crossed!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom