Chicken themed Bday party for 5 YO. Goody bag help?

OK, am I the only one who thinks that coloring and hunting for eggs should happen more than once a year?

I say do a regular old egg hunt. My kids pretend to hide and hunt for the eggs for weeks after easter is over.

And obviously a couple of games of Duck, Duck, Goose and Farmer in the Dell. You could also do the chicken dance, or Simon Says with farm animal actions/sounds.

you could play toss the egg, where the kids move farther apart with each toss. But, instead of using an egg, use a white water balloon.

As far as the goodie bags go, keep it simple! As a parent, I hate making those, and I hate when my kids get them. In the past I've tossed in some homemade frosted cookies to go with the theme, a few pieces of candy, then on the way out give each kid a box of crayons and a coloring book. The crayons should be going on sale for back to school soon, and the coloring books you should be able to pick up from Michaels pretty cheap. Or, sometimes I go with an inexpensive kite.

Edited to add I thought of another game. Do the index card on the back of the shirt with the picture of an animal on it, then the kids ask questions to figure out what animal they are. This might not last too long, I've never met a 5 year old who could keep a secret.

Last edited:
I went to the link that Smitty posted and entered chicken in the search and they had some things including glass beads!

So cute! I bet if you searched farm you would fing more! Also had farm birthday candles!!! Also some little peep craft!
Brenda

Chicamama and all of the other moms that have posted here - You are amazing! I am not a mom, but I can't imagine raising kids and having the time, energy and extra thought processes to come up with such great party ideas.

If you can't find a colouring book with chickens, you can sometimes find pics to colour online.
I seem to recall running a relay race carrying an egg in a spoon, and if you dropped your egg, you had to go back to the beginning.

My garage sale score. 30 Beenie Babies (some with tags) gently used for 5 bucks and a bucket of rubber creepy crawlies
for two bucks.

My *goody* bag problem solved. I'm putting all in a cardboard box with a hole in it so they can reach in (not see) and pull out a SURPRISE!

IMG_0437.jpg

M taking creepies for a trial spin
IMG_0436.jpg

I have no suggestions for you. I just wanted to relate that my DD was invited to a 4 year old "princess party" where the guests were supposed to dress up as princesses.

Well, she refused to wear a dress. She wanted to go as a chicken.

We compromised and she put the chicken costume on over her dress. I figured she would get hot and take it off eventually.

No way, she wore that chicken suit THE ENTIRE PARTY.

Princess Chicken! It was awesome.

Quote:
I secretly hate the whole Princess Pink World so I'm really trying to embrace her *Chicken* party! Of course I was a tom boy growing up.

We had a farm theme party and I did a "chicken" thing: I put a bunch of gummy worms on thread and tied them up on a stick and the "chickens" could reach up and try to pluck off the worm! We were going to do a bucket of worms but I got skeeved about the germ prospects!

The kids howled with laughter. They also had crafts where they made their own coloring books. I downloaded tons of coloring pages and they could each pick five or six and I would staple their own personal book with their name on the cover.... They loved this waaay more than I expected.

Good luck

I am totally going to have to try to worm game at home with my 2 kids.

And have the video camera running for future blackmail material
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom