Chicken Tips - Take a Tip, Leave a Tip

For new people: CHICKENS ARE ADDICTIVE!! Haha
smile.png
I think we all knew that. I started wanting three...now my wish list is a page long!
Oh, and as for wearing sandals in the coop? I just found out today that it wasn't a good idea. SHould have read this earlier!

teach your chickens a treat call
1. it's cute when they come running
2. makes it easier to get them in the coop at random times
3. it can get them out of a dangerous situation without them all freaking out!!! (eg sitting on the top of a fence when their are BIG HUNGRY dogs on the other side!!!)

Last edited:
Never turn your back on an aggressive rooster.

Rubber boots are an important part of your chicken gear.

Only feed half a grape at a time. It is funny to watch them all chase each other around the yard to get it.

inspect the roosts periodically for any sprlinters or rough edges that will damage the chicken feet- otherwise you will be dealing with bumblefoot

dont have roosts higher than your waist, they can damage their feet feet landing

hang pie tins around the acreage where they freerange, it can discourage hawks

chickens LOVE spaghetti

When designing and building your first coop and run, remember that your chickens care about shelter, food and safety...not architectural style. You should care most about how the coop will allow you to care for your flock.

Never wear a camo with green grass strands in the pattern or BDU style pants with lots of shiny buttons. Had my butt pecked filling the feeder and I just thought she was kissing my ... . Foolish me,didnt realize it was considered a treat.

Back
Top Bottom