Chicken Tips - Take a Tip, Leave a Tip

Quote:
can you post pics of you chicken coop and run:)

I have a tour of my coop on my blog:
http://the-spice-girls.blogspot.com/

It's tough to photograph. I almost need to get out the big ladder and get above it for a good perspective shot. But it's 20' by 14' and 7' tall. Lots of photos on the blog which help fill in the pieces.

I'm constantly moving around the compost bin, wheel barrow, logs, etc. That seems to help keep things interesting for the girls.

Quote:
Haha! Yeah, I learned that one the hard way. Put the eggs in my pockets, then leaned up against the counter in the kitchen. Smoosh. Oops.
smile.png

Amy

Quote:
That's a very good tip. Easier to start off with predators in mind than to assume you'll be fine and lose half your flock. We put a great deal of effort into building a predator-proof coop and run, and so far it's working out well. Keep your fingers crossed!

Amy

Quote:
Haha! Yeah, I learned that one the hard way. Put the eggs in my pockets, then leaned up against the counter in the kitchen. Smoosh. Oops.
smile.png

Amy

I forgot about an egg in my pocket, threw the jacket in the washing machine. Didn't even realize there was an egg in there until I pulled the jacket out and crushed eggshell pieces went all over the laundry room floor.
roll.png

Quote:
It can be as simple as "Chick, chick, chick" in that High-pitched voice we--many of us-- seem to use when talking to our pets.
wink.png

Just remember, if you must use the call, the chickens will expect treats!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom