Chicken tips wanted

chicken1328

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Hi I have 2 chickens any extra tips for keeping them very happy both are laying fed on layers pellets corn as a treat and mule works is that diet ok
New to chickens lol
Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome!!! :frow

Keep a bit of oyster shell around for them. They take it as needed (calcium). My birds go nuts over mealworms, too!

What is mule works??

Best of luck to ya!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. There is an excellent article on feeding chickens at different ages at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/feeding-chickens-at-different-ages.html that should answer any questions you may have about feeding your chickens. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

You might want to tie some treats up just where your flock can reach them. Also, I’ve heard of people who tie an old CD or DVD to the run or coop celling so that it dangles. on it. Mirrors work great too! Chickens love to ring and play with toy bells too.
Your compost collection can soon become a chicken paradise. Take them your leftover food and scraps. They also love to peck at seeds and love to find them in the grass and dirt. It will keep them busy for hours. Additionally, chickens will happily devour your weeds. Some weeds even help prevent health issues in chickens, especially weeds like dandelions.
Let them take dust baths and roam around too.
But the best way to keep your chickens happy is by giving them love and showing them you care.

Glad you joined!

Make sure to give them lap time, if they are so inclined. Some like to tell you how their day has been. - also like brightly colored balls they can push around, some real tree branches to roost on

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

If you pay attention to chickens, they will tell you what they need. Go sit with them and interact with them. They will stalk you for the rest of your days if you bring some goodies with you occasionally. Give them things to do as Mountain Peeps has suggested. I have mirrors, ladders, places to jump up on. Give them a place to dust bath like a giant plant pot full of dirt. Seed pecking blocks, hanging cabbages, ect..

And enjoy them! Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom