Chicken toe nail problems, really long! Pics

Maybe you ned to get a cement perch like my parrots have.
I think you have almost enough experience to open a Chicken Spa. Mud masks, hot tubs, and pedicures.

After a couple of nights letting her sit in my lap and relax, I attempted the toe nails again. They are now only about half an inch long, but the cut ends are really sharp. Don't worry, my tetanus shots are up to date. She has a really strong beak too, I could rent her out to crack walnuts in a local plant if the machinery ever goes down. The scabs on her back are coming off and the skin is healthy and pink underneath, whew, no infection! I did notice she could have a part in the Exorcist movie, she can turn her head almost 360 degrees, and then she can turn in 180 degrees and pick the scabs on her back quite nicely.....

I use the Pedi-Paws to file the nails down... does a great job on those sharp edges.

(Thanks for the laugh... I needed the visuals
lau.gif
)

D

I Rescued this hen on Tuesday, it's living conditions were horrible, I was reading this thread hoping to figure out how much I can cut off at a time without hurting her. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom