chicken toys and treats

hang cabbage
smile.png

~Trista~

Grocery stores throw away perfectly fine veggies every day as they're stocking up in the produce section. They are more than happy to give away all you need and more for your chickens. I've even gone to the back of the store and loaded up on heaps of "scraps" for composting projects. ( Our area is looking to start a program for collecting all of this green waste to be then made into compost! ) If you are paying for cabbage, etc. please consider keeping greens out of the landfils ( where it gets cut off from oxygen thus producing bad carbons that damage our ozone layer. ) Plus, it's free treats for your flock!!

My baby chicks enjoy chasing any small object dangling from a string above them. I have a hello kitty charm hanging from my pen when i'd wave it in front of them they'd peck and try to fly after it it was really cute one of them named star started flapping her wings and chasing it around she was making all sorts of noise's yelling at it LOL so maybe try just hanging an old ring up or honestly as long as it hangs from a string, isn't to big, and they can't choke on it,it will work should work
goodpost.gif

I like using a small water bottle with holes poked into it and fillinb with treats so they roll and kick the bottle around to get the treats

Back
Top Bottom