Chicken tractor build

This is going to be pretty big. Do you have a way to move it?
I have a little John Deere tractor that should be able to pull it, I'm going to try and keep the weight down, poly roof panels instead of plywood etc.

Attachments

• 20230723_093230.jpg
    20230723_093230.jpg
    1,007 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Ventilation is where I'm struggling now, I need to let the Florida heat escape and keep the crazy sideways rain from blowing in. Both Placement and design I'm searching everywhere for ideas, also thought about solar powered fan(s) any suggestions?

Ventilation is where I'm struggling now, I need to let the Florida heat escape and keep the crazy sideways rain from blowing in. Both Placement and design I'm searching everywhere for ideas, also thought about solar powered fan(s) any suggestions?

The coop section looks to be about 4'x4' so I certainly understand the dilemma on venting.
Adding in that you are in Florida that issue is even bigger.

Have you looked at other designs like hoop tractors?
I feel like that would give more options, be inexpensive and can also be moved by tractor.

I've got the brooder just about ready, made it with a slide out divider, just over a week til the chicks get here, time to move on the the tractor.
20231022_100421.jpg

Attachments

• 20231022_100434.jpg
    20231022_100434.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 14
I've got the brooder just about ready, made it with a slide out divider
Nice, like the divider...tho not sure why you need one.
I would strongly suggest adding a meshed opening on the divider and at least one side of the brooder....for more ventilation but mostly for sight access for both birds and keeper.

Back
Top Bottom