Chicken tractor build

ltcffl03

Chirping
Oct 9, 2023
I finally settled on a design/style i like and think will best fit my situation. I found and purchased these plans, I'm going to extend the run area foward another two feet and hang nesting boxes off the back. I still have a few things i haven't figured out like the small chicken door, and roosting bar(s)

Attachments

• 20231011_163115.jpg
    20231011_163115.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 129
I really like the looks of that. The run being covered is a huge plus, no muddy feet! The clean out door and external nest boxes make it seem perfect for a few hens. Maybe research ventilation and perch placement and it will be perfect. Lots of posts on here about both.

Hopefully they have a four wheeler or something. It will be hard to move. Maybe they plan to leave it in place. I would imagine two adults could drag it but I wouldn’t want to be one of the two lol

That will be hard to move without a motorized something to pull it.
I made a rabbit tractor that's a very similar design, but 2ft shorter length and used 10" pneumatic wheels - and that was pretty tough to pull across grass by hand, so I didn't move it very often.
You could easily make those roofs hinged if you want to gain access to the interior spaces from the top.

Back
Top Bottom