Chicken Tractor Completed with PICS

Will,
No I don't clip their wings. I did buy a big 25 x 50 poultry net on ebay to put over it but I never got around to putting it up. The chickens have flown over the fence many times and I just put them back in. I have started letting them free range now so I guess I don't need that poultry net anymore.
I may have to use it for something else now.
I do still need to make 2 more coops and don't know if I will use it on that or cover it with some of that clear corrigated plastic stuff or just leave it open.

Jayare

I like your design. What does anyone think about this same design, only the double access doors opening into one of the walls of the new garage I'm building. Everything else, like the lower run exactly the same. Basically from the outside, it would just look like it's backed up to the garage, but from the inside, it would just look like a cabinet until you opened it. I'm thinking about doing it that way so I don't have to stomp through the mud and snow to have access to my chickens. It would also make it easier to add heat. Would my garage stink with four Buff Orphingtons backed up to it, seperated by cabinet doors? Any other negatives?

Just moving this up (from around page 68) so someone who wanted ideas on a tractor could get some ideas. I tried to gain access to my photobucket account but it's been so long since I used it that I forgot my user name and or password so I couldn't add the pics to her post so I thought this would be easier.

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom