Chicken Tractor Completed with PICS

Jayare's Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Aug 25, 2007
Florence, Alabama
Well I finally got around to finishing (sort-of) the chicken tractor and got the not so little chickies out of the garage. They will be in this tractor temperarally untill I get the two 9 x 10 runs done with some sort of coop in them for these and the other chicks. This tractor will be home to my 4 Phoenix when I get the others done.
This tractor is 6 feet wide and 8 feet long. The coop on top is 6 feet wide by 4 feet deep and 4 feet tall. I still need to paint a couple lower panels (wind break / more shade area) and build a couple nest boxes and put a roost inside for when the Phoenix move in.
Here's the pics.

DSCF2049.jpg

DSCF2050.jpg

DSCF2282.jpg

DSCF2281.jpg

DSCF2292.jpg

DSCF2273.jpg

I took some other pics in between these two photo secisions but they are on my laptop and for some reason it won't power up, I am going to have to send out the laptop to get fixed and I hope they can save everything that's on there.

Jayare

Looks great to me.

More important, it looks chicken friendly
smile.png

Looks like you have flat ground, thats good.

If you have uneven or hilly terrain you may need to put some adjustable sides (to match terrain) on the tractor.

Great Job

BA

Looks Great!

I have been thinking of building a chicken tractor of a similar size. How easy is it for you to move yours? Can you do it by yourself, or do you find that you need 2 people because of the width and weight?

Thanks.

Yes I can move it by myself. When I moved it from the driveway to where it is now I hooked a red tie down strap to the bottom front and lifted it a little and got it moved. I plan on maybe drilling a couple of holes in the bottom front 2x4 about 2 feet apart and putting a rope or something in the holes and tieing a knot in the ends to hold it in. Or I may just go with putting a couple of hooks on a piece of rope and hooking it under the 2x4 to move it.
I have moved it a little bit by myself without any ropes or straps lately just so the feed bucket was underneath the coop so when it rained it didn't fill up with rain water and ruin the feed.
I haven't figured out what kind of latch to use on the bottom back access door yet so I can put the feed and water under the coop area so it's out of the weather so it don't get dry rotted. Right now I have a couple of nails part way in the door to keep the door closed. That back access door will open down so I can let the chicks free range on occasion.

Jayare

Jayare's Chicks :

Yes I can move it by myself. When I moved it from the driveway to where it is now I hooked a red tie down strap to the bottom front and lifted it a little and got it moved. I plan on maybe drilling a couple of holes in the bottom front 2x4 about 2 feet apart and putting a rope or something in the holes and tieing a knot in the ends to hold it in. Or I may just go with putting a couple of hooks on a piece of rope and hooking it under the 2x4 to move it.
I have moved it a little bit by myself without any ropes or straps lately just so the feed bucket was underneath the coop so when it rained it didn't fill up with rain water and ruin the feed.
I haven't figured out what kind of latch to use on the bottom back access door yet so I can put the feed and water under the coop area so it's out of the weather so it don't get dry rotted. Right now I have a couple of nails part way in the door to keep the door closed. That back access door will open down so I can let the chicks free range on occasion.

Jayare

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it!​

Back
Top Bottom