Chicken Tractors?

I just used it in the summer when I have grass and use it for meaties or raising up chicks. I put the trampoline cover on half of it for shade and water run off.. I had a box in there for them to go into at night.. But you could easily add something to an end for a permanent roost.. put wheels on it to make it easier to move.. I would move mine weekly.

I welded a door frame in the side to pass through.
Would something made of PVC piping, maybe with some sand for weight, suffice for a tractor?

Some use PVC, but it's not very secure due to lack of strength and it's light weight
I'm just looking for something lightweight that I can use when I'm home to get them to new lawn areas for new bugs/scratching/etc. They would have a secure coop and run for when I'm not around or overnight. The only concern I would have would be more of a wind issue. Do you think it would hold up, maybe with some sand in the lower pipes for weight?

Wind probably wouldn't blow it over.
I was thinking more of predators

Unless you have hawk concerns, you could just use net fencing and temporary plastic posts that would roll up when not in use

Wind probably wouldn't blow it over.
I was thinking more of predators

Unless you have hawk concerns, you could just use net fencing and temporary plastic posts that would roll up when not in use
Great feedback. Thanks! That is exactly my concerns (hawks). I'm just hoping that it would be something that they can use during the day when someone is home and/or when I'm doing yard work.

Sort of sounds like you want a movable coop with run????

My tractor I put the 5 hens in during the day for a few hours and move around the back yard. I never leave them in there at night (or for more than a couple hours).

This A frame was really easy and cheap to build.

There is a door at the wooden end I don't think you can see very well.

Sort of sounds like you want a movable coop with run????

My tractor I put the 5 hens in during the day for a few hours and move around the back yard. I never leave them in there at night (or for more than a couple hours).

This A frame was really easy and cheap to build.

There is a door at the wooden end I don't think you can see very well.

I guess. I'm just looking for something that the chickens can use while I'm outside that won't be hard to move; I'm only 5'3" :)

Build a 5' x 10 ' x 2'h out of 3/4 for the lower frame with 1/2 for the upper and cover with deer netting. Not very predator proof,. but will be easy to move.

Back
Top Bottom