Chicken Treat Ideas?

21_chickens

Songster
Sep 1, 2019
Hi. I was wondering what people feed their chickens for treats. I’ve been feeding them corn, cottage cheese, and mealworms but I was wondering if there were any treats that chickens love that make their eggs taste better.

I don’t know about making their eggs taste better but mine LOVE fruit.
Strawberries, grapes and blueberries have been the favorite so far. I even freeze corn on the cob and let them have that, I’m not doing corn because it’s SO hot here and the dried corn raises their body temp when they try to digest it.

I haven’t done mealworms in awhile because I ran out, but of course they love them.

My chicken just LOVE blackberries. But I only give them blackberries once in a while so they stay special. Thats what a treat is.... it needs to be special. My chickens also love this snack: (I made it up my self)

1. - Put 2 or 3 scoops of plain yogurt in a plastic container.
2. - I use about 2 'Great value, Made With Whole Grain Slatine Crackers'. Scrape off as much salt as you can, and break them into bight sized pieces. (For chickens)
3. - Add some bread crumbles and stick it in the freezer for a few hours.
4. - Take it out and serve it to the chickens in the container or out.

My chickens REALLY like this treat on hot summer days. Also, you can make it bigger or smaller depending on how many chickens you have. :)

Hi. I was wondering what people feed their chickens for treats. I’ve been feeding them corn, cottage cheese, and mealworms but I was wondering if there were any treats that chickens love that make their eggs taste better.
Is there a problem with their eggs? Because I don't know about you, but my chickens eggs can't get any better than they already are.
My chicken's favorite treats are eggs and grapes, but they'll eat basically anything.

You aren't supposed to give them onion because it will flavor their eggs in a bad way, if that's what you're asking.

My chicken just LOVE blackberries. But I only give them blackberries once in a while so they stay special. Thats what a treat is.... it needs to be special. My chickens also love this snack: (I made it up my self)

1. - Put 2 or 3 scoops of plain yogurt in a plastic container.
2. - I use about 2 'Great value, Made With Whole Grain Slatine Crackers'. Scrape off as much salt as you can, and break them into bight sized pieces. (For chickens)
3. - Add some bread crumbles and stick it in the freezer for a few hours.
4. - Take it out and serve it to the chickens in the container or out.

My chickens REALLY like this treat on hot summer days. Also, you can make it bigger or smaller depending on how many chickens you have. :)
I will definitely try this recipe! Thank you!!

I don’t know about making their eggs taste better but mine LOVE fruit.
Strawberries, grapes and blueberries have been the favorite so far. I even freeze corn on the cob and let them have that, I’m not doing corn because it’s SO hot here and the dried corn raises their body temp when they try to digest it.

I haven’t done mealworms in awhile because I ran out, but of course they love them.
I never thought of giving them fruit thanks for the idea!

Is there a problem with their eggs? Because I don't know about you, but my chickens eggs can't get any better than they already are.
My chicken's favorite treats are eggs and grapes, but they'll eat basically anything.

You aren't supposed to give them onion because it will flavor their eggs in a bad way, if that's what you're asking.
I was just trying to give the yolk a stinger taste. I will definitely try the grapes though!

My fluffy butts will mug ya for bananas , seedless watermelon and garlic

have to wait to go to grocery store until after they bed down to avoid being mugged as they come and go as they please from coop

My fluffy butts will mug ya for bananas , seedless watermelon and garlic

have to wait to go to grocery store until after they bed down to avoid being mugged as they come and go as they please from coop
Haha!! My chickens love watermelon!!! I’ll have to try the bananas and garlic

Back
Top Bottom