Chicken Treats!!!!!!

chicken boy sam

Songster
10 Years
Dec 21, 2009
Yesterday, I was walking back to my chickens, but I had no scraps. That's when I decided to make a chicken treat. I realized my chickens loved vegetables, like tomatoes and cucumbers, and lots of BREAD. So, I found my recipe for bread and added many vegetables. I rolled them into little baked pieces. Well, I actually haven't done that yet, but that's my plan. This would be great for people who keep chickens in the city, because they probably don't have a garden to supply their chickens with. Do you think the chickens will like it?

mine says send some this way and they'll be happy to try them out for you!
celebrate.gif
LOL!!! Mine like anything. The local grocer saves them ALL the veggies they can't use - Jack the grocer is LOVED at this chicken house!

I was always told too much bread will decrease their egg production. I will give a small amount every once in a while. I usually have a beef slaughtered a couple of times a year and save the beef liver for the girls. Boil it into a broth, cut it into small edible prices. Then I make a mash with the hot broth and their pellets. It's a hot breakfast on an extra cold winter morning with added protien. They love it, and I can tell in their egg production.

I'm new here. First post, but have been reading for months. My question - i have access to plain rice crispies, corn flakes, and cheerios - are these a good food supplement/treat for my chickens??

Those cereals would be treats only, not much of a supplement at all. And if you fed them too much, it would reduce the overall protein percentage they need, daily.

But they'd be great to throw out a handful or two a day as treats!

Back
Top Bottom