Chicken Tricks?

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
Does anyone have a quirky chicken that they want to talk about? Maybe even just tricks that you taught them? A rooster that acts like hens, hens that act like roosters, dancing chickens, chickens that like to fall off of things, chickens that act like other animals, chickens that act like humans, chickens that where taught know how to use the bathroom in a preferred area, chickens that lay eggs in crazy places, like a boot or on your dog, everything weird about your chicken goes here! Don't be shy!

My chickens' quirky manners

Falcon- He is my little baby, loves to cuddle. I trained him to jump on my arm when if lift it up and tap it three times, sometimes he would just jump on my shoulder (usually when he got bullied by the hens) and he would hide behind my hair. Sometimes he would jump on my head and try to nest on it, which I do not like. He would even go up to my ear and crow straight into it, let me tell you something, IT HURTS.

Mudball- The biggest rooster, but also the dumbest. He is a fat boi and can't even jump a few inches off the ground. He likes to play the game Monkey See, Monkey Do and if a rooster attacks me, he would peck me too, but only lightly, like a chick peck and then he would get so sad and look at me as if he's saying, "I'm sorry."
He would also sit on the porch and pooh all over it and if one of my family members noticed him and went out to the porch yelling at him, he would jump like a yard in the air and land on his head really hard, calmly lift himself up, fluff his feathers, and calmly walk away.

Not my chicken, but one summer camp I went too had this big ol chicken room. My counselor was like, "Hey, try to find my favorite chicken : )" And I looked around at all the chickens, but none of them were his very favorite. So then he pointed to the ceiling where, maybe 10 feet up or so, pretty high but I don't know exactly, there was this cute little brown hen sitting on a rafter. He said, "Penny! C'mon!" or something like that and what do you know she just flapped down and started pecking around. Apparently this one little chicken loves to roost incredibly high up.

The other chicken there, another one of this counselor's favorites, was this truly enormous rooster named Big Foot. He was an actual unit, like the size of a smallish medium dog. He was like "Hold our your arms" and he gave me this giant rooster and turns out he was the tamest and loveliest boi ever. He was heavy as hell though but he was very happy to be held in your arms.

Not my chicken, but one summer camp I went too had this big ol chicken room. My counselor was like, "Hey, try to find my favorite chicken : )" And I looked around at all the chickens, but none of them were his very favorite. So then he pointed to the ceiling where, maybe 10 feet up or so, pretty high but I don't know exactly, there was this cute little brown hen sitting on a rafter. He said, "Penny! C'mon!" or something like that and what do you know she just flapped down and started pecking around. Apparently this one little chicken loves to roost incredibly high up.

The other chicken there, another one of this counselor's favorites, was this truly enormous rooster named Big Foot. He was an actual unit, like the size of a smallish medium dog. He was like "Hold our your arms" and he gave me this giant rooster and turns out he was the tamest and loveliest boi ever. He was heavy as hell though but he was very happy to be held in your arms.
That is great! I wish that I could meet those chickens! 😄

Back
Top Bottom