Chicken was left outside in snow, any way to save it?

temporaryaccount

Hatching
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
One of my chickens was accidentally left outside last night. I found her on the ground this morning, there was a puddle of water underneith her (I'm guessing melted snow from body heat), she was huddled down, neck pulled in, eyes closed. I brought her inside and set her in front of the woodstove, but she hasn't opened her eyes or done much moving. I know it got below freezing last night, and was wondering if there was something I could do to increase her chances of getting through this, or if she's a gonner. I did try giving her water, but she just pulled away and closed her eyes again.

Best thing to do is keeping her warm right now...I'd put some vits. and electrolytes in her water or childrens poly vi sol vit. liquid or even unflavored gatorade to help get her energy back......even some sugar in her water....my thoughts and opinions...try getting some scrambled egg in her when she perks up enough to eat...that gives her some needed protein....

A couple upper parts of her comb are discolored, but I don't know if it was like that before. Her feet look okay.

ok. tuffoldhen is right as well and know more then I do about chickens. Just keep an eye on her and update us.

Hope she gets much better
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom