chicken website

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jeannieo, Jan 2, 2009.

1. jeannieo

jeannieo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Collinsville, CT
    ETA:
    Don't forget our rules. [​IMG]

9. Do not promote other poultry websites that could be considered in competition to BYC. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.
    10. Luring member to other forums is not allowed and we prohibit discussing drama that happens on other forums. We've worked hard for 10 years to build up this community and we will not tolerate people coming in and spamming our members via the public forum, private messages, or emails to join another community.​

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Thanks for sharing.

Don't forget that BYC has a nice search feature that can help you to narrow down what you're looking for. [​IMG]

3. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    Thanks. It is someone's cute little hobby site but is no replacement for doing a search here, especially for the most basic information. (Their section of feeding chickens is mostly about treats and little about nutritious feeds. (Don't think the word protein is used at all.)

I know it is a free-hosted site so it doesn't cost them a penny but the pop-ups are annoying.

Biggest complaint? You gave them a boost by linking to them but they don't have a link to this site! They could do their visitors a favor by linking to this goldmine of information instead of a Marshmallow Peep website.

Wayne

4. jeannieo

jeannieo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Collinsville, CT
    I'm so sorry, I did not mean to break the rules. As you can see, I am a "new egg" and am finding I have much to learn. I have been duly chastised and will not break the rules again. I did not mean to offend anyone. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:darn!...i missed the site name before they edited ya!.[​IMG].....[​IMG]....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by